Thursday, February 14, 2013

2-13-13


Greetings UBFM and Happy Valentines Day!

Last night was another for the books. It was a little cold but very tolerable. I think if it had been a shade colder I would have complained a little bit. Last night we had some discussion about the change of weather in regard to how the ministry would adjust. When we started last summer there were many more people on the streets. Of course we were not handing out coats, jackets, gloves, and hand warmers but one hundred burritos would disappear rapidly. As the weather starts to change I think it would be a good idea to start think about new ideas to implement into our Wednesday night meetings. I am open to any suggestions. In addition to seeing more people on the streets, I suspect we will have more participation. With that being said I hope to expand into different areas of the city. We have been confined to one small area but with more bikes on the road we can cover more ground. I’m eager to see what God’s plans are for this ministry in 2013. When it first began I had no idea it would turn into this. Here it is, six months later, growing fast and solid. Every Wednesday night I am humbled to see how everything manifests. There are some mornings when I wake up wondering how everything is going to display. How will I get time to pick up burritos? How will I have time and/or money to pick up ingredients? I’ve got a flat tire on my bike and no time to fix it. My house is a wreck. I have homework to do and no time for it. Saint-dog just pissed on the floor and I’m out of paper towels. It never fails. By 7:00 PM I’m greeting people, everything is finished and caught up, people are in the kitchen making burritos, and I’m apologizing to God for the doubts. Then, to enhance the experience, I get the pleasure of seeing God work through people on bicycles. No complaints here.

I would like to offer much thanks to all the people who helped out last night. We had some new comers who were essential in delivering a successful experience. Rick Prince, Matthew Magbee, and Brice Short were a great addition to the group. A big thanks goes to the group for showing them how everything works. Thanks to Matthew for the great pictures. I also want to thank Emily and Angela Conley and family for the load of burritos. I don’t know what we would do without those gals. A major appreciation goes to Frank Fournier and the burritos and his great dedication. And, cheers to Isaac, Rosa, Owen, and Anders. You all are great. I also want to thank those of you who have donated to FundRzr. That money proceeds directly to supplies and needs for the ministry.

A big favor, if you have not already: Share the video and the FundRzr page on your Facebook, Twitter page, or blog. The more we are out there, the more we can do. Ubfm.org is up but we are still working on it. I’ll let you know when it is closer to completion. I have a common thought that I continue to often share. If we persist to grow and raise funds, I want to search for a location to meet in rather than my house. I would like to find a place we can meet, make burritos, have fellowship, and possibly extend the ministry out to more than one day a week. This is a long-term goal but it gives us something to think about. Help me pray about it a little bit and we’ll see what happens.

Thank you all! Thanks again to those who rode with us last night and thanks to EVERYONE for the thoughts, prayers, love, support, donations, and contributions. This is all possible because of you. Thanks be to God!

Now, the sun is shining on my face through the window. If I don’t get outside and on my bike I am going to explode.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment