Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy Sunday


Happy Sunday UBFM,

I hope you are all having a great week. Before we enter into a new one I want to provide a little recap from last Wednesday's meeting. It was actually quite nice out. I was able to go without gloves and ear warmers for the first time in months. Big thanks to my cooks,Emily Hendrix Conley and Angela Williford Conley and their families for the load of burritos. Also big thanks to Frank Fournier,Tommy James, and the All About Bikes gang for the burritos and the dedication. Thanks to Maria-Rosa Padilla for the food supplies. We were super happy to have her back on the bike and recovered from an ankle injury. Also big thanks to Isaac Wade's sister for making a bunch of brownies to hand out. Our friends on the streets loved those things. Dave, a friend of ours who stays atHandy park, recalled a number of times, "I could eat these brownies all day!" It has been coined as my catch phrase for the week. I also want to give a big thanks to my friend Donna Winfreyfor the kind donation.

I think we delivered almost 100 burritos and nearly half that many cookies, brownies, moon pies, and oatmeal cookies. It was possible due to all of the help and the eleven people on bikes. Wednesday has become one of my favorite days of the week. On this day I get to see a bright reflection of Christ, here in our own community, displayed by my friends. It is always humbling to experience God in some way. To experience God through your friends, in your community is ambition for the spirit. Glory be to God.

I will be in touch before our next meeting. I know I have said this before but soon, very soon we are placing an order for UBFM t-shirts. I do believe Matt Nason has placed an order for some cool UBFM patches. The website is still in progress. I know it has hit some hiccups but it is happening. My friend Shirley Ostrander is working on it. Send some prayers out to her because she is dedicating time to it amidst a strenuous schedule.

One more thing, if you think about it, share our UBFM video and fundraiser page on your profile. The more we are out there, the more we can do. Thank you all for the help and dedication. Hope you have a great weekend!

Peace
Like ·  · 

No comments:

Post a Comment